Monday, February 4, 2008

Peace in the midst of the storm

Are you as grateful as I am for a peace in the midst of a storm?

It seems that anywhere and everywhere we turn, there is someone who is dealing with something. Whether it be financial, or physical, or spiritual...God sees you & every situation you have endured or are still in the "midst" of. And he is working on your behalf. Sometimes our situations are a result of the laws of sowing and reaping. I made this decision, and because of it, I have to deal with this consequence. Other times, it is God calling us to a higher plain. Shaking us out of a slumber and asking us to be obedient and "step up".

I have always been one of "those" people who get caught up in what I have going on. Not self centered, but busy. But since getting sick, I have found that focusing on "ME" doesn't leave me anywhere but depressed. And trust me that is NO place to be. I don't want an attitude that is self serving, where does that get me? The bible says that "He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:30) It is when we allow this to happen that worry ceases, that the things that consumed our thoughts and kept us from praying without ceasing, seem to become a lighter load, and we can begin to see the things that matter in life. Maybe so we can help someone else who isn't in the place to step up for themselves.

Maybe God is asking us to bend and be the step that someone else needs to bring them back to the place he can once again use them, and speak to them. I can visually picture it. A "human" staircase. The backs of the faithful that we have all at one time or another stepped up on to reach the next level...or kept the waves of situations from overtaking us. Even more of a blessing to bend and be that stair for another brother or sister. Or for a lost family member...

Lord, help me to be the step for someone who is lost or dying. Help me to be ever mindful that the places you have set before me to walk in, will NOT overtake me, they will cause me to grow, to help in the perfecting of the saints. That I would see them as the opportunities you have allowed to draw me closer.

Our prayer list is growing, folks are reaching out everyday to have someone else help shoulder the burden. There is no better ministry.

Thanks all!!
^j^

1 comment: