Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Have you looked at a calendar?

Are you asking yourself where January went? Because I am.

Not that I am bragging about NC weather, but it was 75 here today...and Punxsutawney Phil said that we had 6 more weeks of winter... I never thought it wise to let a groundhog forcast the weather.

Do you mind if I vent a little? My darling husband works this NUTSO shift on Monday nights. He normally wanders in at about 1am. Not this morning. He came dragging in after 7:30 am. This is not ideal for a family, nor for a preacher. But even worse that this, I don't sleep when he isn't home. So I was up until he came dragging in. UGH!!!

After a couple of hours of sleep, I went cruising with my mom. Ran some errands in preparation for my weekend back in Charlotte. Really looking forward to staying at Julie's house with her and the scrap girls. I know that there will be lots of laughs, and maybe a little bit of papercrafting that gets done. So excited!!! I am praying that I will be feeling good...so that I can fully participate in the festivities. We are leaving the scrubbies at home! (Scrubbie=scrapbook hubby) And going away for a girls getaway. I enjoy my time away from "real responsibilities" I always end up getting to know something that I didn't about one of these girls.

I was telling my mom about my blog today during our adventure, and I think that she was surprised by some of the things that I have stumbled across in my utterances inside these 4 walls. Maybe I am not a great communicator, maybe I really have to push to get through the being the "quiet" one. (I know that this statement has some of you laughing hysterically) Because when you think of me, the adjective quiet isn't the 1st choice. But I do see myself as more reserved than one might think. Maybe living with Glen has left me...the quiet one...those of you who know Glen well, know that it takes tactical training to get a word in edgewise! LOL!!
(kidding)

I know there were some who maybe needed a smile today...thus the reason for my post.

HUGS to all
^j^

No comments: