Monday, February 25, 2008

Anyone have a can of Lysol?

So everyone was home again today...sick, sick, sick. Hopefully I will be able to kick some of these birdies out of the nest tomorrow. Glen can't really miss work, he doesn't get paid when he is out...so according to my checkbook...he needs to go back even though his cough is still pretty bad. The kids too. Caleb has missed so much school...I don't know if he will even be ok to catch up without a lot of help on my part. We'll figure that out once he gets back in class.

I made my purchase for the new Wednesday night meeting for the ladies. I will be starting a Beth Moore series...titled " A Woman's heart, God's Dwelling place" I am sure that as I begin to prepare for leading the studies, you will have a front row on what God is dealing with me about. I am hoping to have them by the end of the week so I can get started. I want this to be a study that the ladies can't wait to get to. Not something they feel obligated to attend.

This is big for me. Committing to teaching adults. I have filled in for my Mom & Dad teaching adult Sunday school, but that is twice in how many years? While I am not 100% "healthy", there are some days that I still don't really get out of bed. So committing to this, is a step of faith, really. #1- that I will be up to this weekly, and #2- that what I'll bring to the study will be what our ladies need to help us all get to the next levels of our Christian walk. ( I guess that is double speak for being obedient to give out whatever I get)

I also need to start looking for a job really soon. Something about cash flow. I am so used to being able to do what I like to do. Not really worrying about bills. With me being out of work, that situation is a little different. Not to mention the "life events" that have come up. The main TV that blew, some issue with our heat pump...blah, blah, blah. You know what I mean...LIFE stuff. :) I would love a family vacation this year too. Glen hasn't had a "real" vacation since he started Calvary. I would like us to go away for some time...well, AWAY. We'll see what works out for us...I am not stressing out about it.

I am planning some photo sessions coming up really quickly. I am ready to be over this flu so I can get my hands on that baby! He needs to have pictures taken all of the time, he is changing and growing so quickly. I am waiting for a few more flowers to begin their blooming and then I want to take my kids out for some spring pictures too. I love new pictures of the kids.

Only 4 days left in February, again...where is time going? Looking ahead to March... lots to do... birthdays... hoping for a visit from my aunt Julie... looking forward to a March...with our eyes focused on the One who holds our tomorrows.

G'nite all
^j^

No comments: