I have to start my post tonight...on Super Bowl Sunday...(Go Giants!!) with a THANK YOU.
I opened my email, after a couple of days away from my keyboard, to find an email from a friend. A sister, who is going through a hard time, who didn't write to get caught up with what I bought, or what "things" I have been up to. She took the time to write to me to ENCOURAGE me. How I needed that! Patti, thanks for loving Jesus enough to reach out when you are riding in storms of your own. Thanks for loving me enough, to take the time to let me know it. We all need that. I needed it today big time...and what God planted in your heart 2 days ago...ministered to me sitting on the couch in my pj's. LOVE you, Love you, love you!!! You are my friend...I am glad that no matter how far apart we are in distance, that doesn't change.
I have been going back and re-reading some of my blog posts. There are some that I have a hard time with...sometimes the tears are falling so fast...I have to step away to come back and finish my thoughts. Boy, I am so glad for those posts. I hope that anyone reading can know that I am human. Sometimes frail, sometimes confused, sometimes so lost, I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag. Other times, I walk in the knowledge of who I am in Christ. And my feet are barely touching the floor... you know what I mean, not full of myself, but giddy to look back and see that God is awesome. I am thankful that I decided to Blog. I hope that it ministers to someone out there.
I have been a Christian for all of my life. My testimony is one of God's keeping power. I have been in church my whole life and heard countless ministers preach, sometimes sharing the same thoughts, sometimes bringing to light something new. As much as I love the Word, there has always been a part of me that was only ministered to by music. Maybe it is because I came up in a family that always seemed to be gifted in music. I love a song that speaks to the place in my life, that I hold close. You know the place that I am talking about, the one that you don't thrown open the shutters and invite EVERYONE into.
Today Glen and I sang this worship song...
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
Amazing Love, now flowing down
From hands and feet that were nailed to the tree,
His Grace flows down and covers me.
As I remember the times in my life, that seemed insurmountable. Those times when I thought for sure that life had me beat... God would plant in my heart a song...that would minister to that place where I needed something that no human word could touch. I remember a situation that had me at a place where I was so broken. It was just one of those things that in my flesh, I couldn't deal with. My parents were still living up north...and ALL the way home to NC, I listened to the SAME song...OVER and OVER and OVER again. Until it got ALL the way down in my spirit. That song was an FFH song, Lord Move or move me.
There was a time in my life that I asked God, why it is that music moves me so deeply, (I used to be ashamed to cry as much as I do) But looking back, it has always kept me tender. Lord that I would ever be tender at the stirring of your Spirit. It is here, in obedience, lives are mended, circumstances are changed, and He alone stands carrying the burdens of my situations squarely on his shoulders. I am so grateful.
Patti, know that we fulfill the law of Christ when we bear each other's burdens. Thanks for being obedient...thanks for loving even from far away!!! You ministered to me 600 miles away...I am grateful that God loves us enough to give us special people to help us through!!
Thanks everyone
^j^
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment