Some of you have contacted me asking about the musings of my mind. LOL! Telling the truth, there haven't been many...(that may be an issue)
I went back to Charlotte to stamp with the girls...they had a great time, and so did I. I guess I should take pictures and post some of the things that I create. You would think that anyone with an obession this involved would want to show off their work...I guess I never really thought about it.
Glen placed a call to NY to check on our friends there, and it seems that all is well. Mending after major surgery is difficult. So know that we are praying for you, Rotellas! Loving you from NC~
Glen has been preaching a message series titled Family Secrets. I have to say...I don't know what has happened to him recently, but his messages are getting better and better. (please don't email him and tell him that I said that though....again the whole head swelling thing..UGH!) I am hoping that the folks that he put in charge of uploading his messages will soon get caught up. Once they do, I'll provide the link. I think it makes Glen feel like a rock star to hear himself streaming from the web. LOLOLOL! (Wave your lighters in the air, girls, for my guitar playing hippie preacher!) :)
We had our Valentine's Dinner. Every church should have a Joyce. She is our resident expert in the food arena. That is one cooking lady. I have yet to have something bad that she has made. This dinner was no exception. I want her to know that not only do I appreciate her, but I know that God does also. She puts her whole self in preparing for our dinners. I know that her effort is not for Glen or myself. The bible says in Colossians 3:23- I
"Whatsoever you do in word or deed, do it wholeheartedly as unto the Lord and not unto men"
I try very hard to keep this scripture in the forefront of my mind...when I am attempting one of the zany jobs that I have been tasked with.
I have reached out to several "old" friends recently. Makes me feel so good that you can pick up where you left off 15+ years ago, and just chat. Also lets me know who I should be adding to my prayer list. There are so many that are lost and hurting...without hope. In the darkest times of my life, there has always been a hope. Sometimes it is the kind of hope that ties a knot in the end of my rope and allows me to just hang in long enough until the storm passes over. Sometimes it is the kind of hope that I know that I know that I know, I am not alone in anything I may have to endure. I have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Sometimes that hope is a boldness to help carry a load for someone else.
To everyone out there that now read my blog, I am grateful....SOOOO grateful for those of you who are my friends. For those that I never thought would come to a saving knowledge of Christ, (and have!) For those who walk in faith with me, helping to shoulder my load. For those who make me smile, and for those who make me, hold my sides while the tears roll, laugh. Thank you. You help keep my sane. (And some would probably challenge that too) LOL
I am going to try to be better about posting.
Hugs for all of you!!!
Jo ^j^
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment