Saturday, June 21, 2008
Moments...
We took some time to be together yesterday. A moment to relax and just be US!
I can't say that I love this picture, but look at us. I think Kelsey was the only one trying to maintain a "picture" face. The rest of us lost it! Can you see that we are playful and that we LOVE each other? I can. I know what I was feeling as we were wrestling for space in the shot...lol. (Sorry we cut your body off Kel!) I love these guys...(and girl). Just a moment in time, but even more than that, it is a memory. One that we share!
I have to tell you that my choice has always been to ENJOY what God has given me. And lately, I have been reminded that there are people who constantly dwell in what they don't have. While we aren't rich, nor do we have the "finer things" of life, but I have something that SO many would pay a lot of money to have. And I wouldn't trade it... NOT for anything this world could give me.
Be grateful for the things that God has blessed you with. Stop looking at the pieces that are missing. Is my life picture perfect, NAH! There are things that I hold on for... that I know God is working in. But it is kind of like this picture... I can't go back and retake it, I can't look at yesterday and say it could have been so much better. Instead, I can see this imperfect picture and remember the love and laughter that we shared. To dwell on what was, is to miss what tomorrow might be! If we are so busy living life looking in the rear view mirror, we can miss the blessing and the glory that God is showing us today! Stop using situations that happened last year or twenty years ago as an excuse or a reason to stay angry. I learned years ago that it really doesn't effect anyone BUT you!
I am going to try to share more pictures that we go to take. I have been told that it makes those of you who are far away feel closer. That is the best part of blogging! The people that I hold dear, (even if I don't get to talk to you daily) You see us, you know where we are... if I am on a mountain or struggling to climb out of the valley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment