Thursday, June 19, 2008

I figure that it has been a week...

So I better update my blog.

You have to know that when I don't update it...I get yelled at. Glen fussing about not knowing what is going on in my brain...friends that request new pictures... SOMETHING! I have to tell you that blogging can be exhausting. The stress about what part of my life I need to expose for the world to see. Decisions...decisions....

Let's start with the everyday stuff. Bryan stopped by today with Ethen Michael. He didn't even make it INTO my house before I ran out the door with camera in hand. Here are a couple of shots that I managed to get. He is such a sweet BOY!

I have been "scrapbooking (paper crafting)" a lot... seems like with more pictures to choose from, the ability to be creative comes so much easier. So Kelsey and I have spent loads of time stamping and working on some fun projects. Centerpieces for today, and we still have the favors for an upcoming party to work on. I think staying busy being creative helps me feel better.

Let's see, we were missing several of our ladies on Weds. But the lesson was about God's glory. As part of our discussion we talked about what God's glory is. And I came to the conclusion that it is more than we can imagine. We talked about His glory being his presence... but several scriptures point out different meanings of the word glory. If that is the case then we don't need to try to explain or wrap our human minds around God concepts. We need to dedicate ourselves to seeking to KNOW more of God, understanding the depths of his love... his forgiveness, his mercy... and still today people think of God as a tyrant waiting to strike humans down.
I have challenged our ladies to dig deeper, to seek out the things that keep us from moving forward. There are people who have a form of "godliness" but they deny the parts that force them to purge things from their own hearts. God forbid we stay in that place.
Ok back to my family. Kids are doing well. They have a couple of weeks to relax. Kelsey has taken up riding her bike daily with her grandma. Caleb has been down at my dad's house helping with the shed that he is building. Little do they know, that the summer reading and writing assignments will begin shortly. Shhh...don't tell...they may try moving to my Mom's house.
Be blessed!
^j^

No comments: