Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I have already confessed...

to reading a LOT of blogs. I actually read them all through the day. When I am not on the run for church or family...or if I am not feeling well, I have been known to lay in bed with my laptop...reading. Sometimes reading and laughing, sometimes reading and crying.

I just wrote about being grateful for what God is doing in today and the need to stop looking backward with the "what-if's" of life weighing heavy on our minds.

I came across this blog a little while ago. I went back and started reading from the first post all the way to the most recent one. It just kind of put things in perspective for me. If I ever feel like a pity party about not feeling good, I can read what this family is dealing with and I can be grateful for the "sickness" that I am faced with today.

http://forleslie.blogspot.com/

All I am going to say is that if you read this...please do so with tissues close by. I don't know these folks, but my heart goes out to them. They are asking for prayer. And that is something that we all can do. To whisper a prayer daily for someone else. I don't know that there is anything more easy...it doesn't cost money. It isn't signing up for hours and hours of grovelling on bended knees. God knows their future or what they will endure. I pray for strength. I pray that whatever their tomorrow's hold, that they will be ready and will not lose hold of the hand that sustains them.


Today, I am grateful. Grateful for a STRONG tower. One that I can run into and be sheltered from the wind and rain of life. Some without faith would call it a "crutch". I would beg to differ. Hiding myself under the shelter of the Almighty, isn't pretending that the storm doesn't exist. It is understanding that I will be ok through it. NO MATTER what the outcome. Even when a heart of flesh is breaking, a heart of faith rises us and plants a foot in the next step God has ordained for us. Moving forward into whatever God has for us. Realizing daily that HE knows my name, He knows where I am, He knows what I need.


Wanted to share a picture for ya'll today. It is of my hubby. I love the efforts that he is making to spend some quality time with us. Have I told you recently how much I love this silly man?

Love you Glen Keefer! I am so glad that we have each other to navigate through life. God honors us for keeping this family on course. The course pointing toward what He has for us. That is all that I need. Keep doing what you are doing. It doesn't go unnoticed. NOT EVER!

HUGS! ^j^

No comments: