Friday, June 13, 2008

I guess I better keep you in the loop.

So many of you know that I have been doing our Weds night bible study in the Ladies meeting. I chose a Beth Moore book, but I am not teaching it straight from the book. We have a beautiful range of women. Some that are new in church some have been there longer than I have been alive. So sometimes prepared lessons don't really work well.

We are talking about Benefits and Obstacles in our Christian walk. The first one that we dealt with is knowing God. The scripture that we used talked about knowing God with more than just a book knowledge. The original Hebrew word used implies a "familial" knowledge. The way that a wife knows her husband. Do we know God with that kind of intimacy? The same kind of closeness?

The obstacle that goes hand in hand with that is unbelief or doubt. What hit me in teaching this is that this doesn't only mean the kind of doubt that means we have turned our back on God. We can sit in church for years and not know God. We need to come to a place that we know WHO God is. His character doesn't change. So if we know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever like Hebrews tells us, then we should know that God who delivered the Israelites out of captivity, and rescued Noah & family from the flood, and sustained Job as Satan tried him, and sent Jesus, his Son... is the same God who is concerned about our situations and circumstances.

All a matter of TRUST. A big word in a christian walk. How many things in our lives affect our willingness to trust? A loss or betrayal can scar us. A broken heart that was never "REALLY" mended acts as a spiritual handicap. And let’s be honest, trusting an invisible God doesn’t really come naturally in our world. We can only grow in trust by taking chances. To step out in NEW places, that we haven’t been before. It is through EXPERIENCE that we grow in this area.

Have you stepped out into places that are unsure? Or do we go kicking and screaming when situations cause us to be "uncomfortable"? Take it from the girl who has been uncomfortable for a while! It is why Satan uses FEAR. It freezes us from walking out into those places where TRUST shows up.

I challenged our ladies to start thinking about the things or the people that keep them from growing in trust. We have a creator that wants us to serve with reckless abandon. Not holding on to the things that impede us from growing and fulfilling our purpose. Oh and by the way, I don't care what Oprah says... Or Scientology... Or what the New Earth says...or the JUNK the new age movement is trying to instill in our kids and society. The highest calling that we can ever attain is knowing God. There is no higher "purpose" no matter how noble the cause may seem to be.

That is enough out of me tonight! Phew!

Looks like we are going to get the scrap girls together AGAIN! I am ready. I have a couple of projects that I need to do...and then back to working on MY albums!

HUGS to you all!!
^j^

No comments: