Monday, July 28, 2008

Blessed!

Can you all tell that I have been in a FUNK for awhile? Even my sporadic blogging shows that I have just not been "myself" lately. I hate it! I can't tell you that I was doing anything different, but yet, I was not feeling as "victorious" as I was.

Ok, so let me break it down. I hate the "rat race" of summer. We spend our lives on the GO. And sometimes I THRIVE on it, others...it is just hard. Makes me feel uncomfortable in my own life. (And that is never a good feeling) So... today I take a stand. I am done feeling this way, and I am done allowing my mood to be one that reflects it.

How am I going to do that? First, I am making the decision to do it. Everything starts with a decision. So today, I choose to not let this yucky feeling keep me burdened anymore. The next part of this change is to remind myself of ALL that I have to be thankful for. And there is a TON of things. Family, friends, church, people who appreciate us, and aren't afraid to show us. Grateful for the opportunity to help others who may be hurting or going through a rough time even when you have a case of the "blues". (That was earlier this week) For an email of encouragement when you need one!

I guess in feeling this way for a while now, it hits me that if I choose to be different, I can make that happen. Let this post encourage you, if you want some situation to be different, you have to make a decision to do it. And then do it without waiting on someone else or something else to start the process of change for you. What is it that NIKE says..."JUST DO IT" Don't make it hard or overthink it. I guess that is where I get tangled up sometimes. Great intentions, POOR follow through. Today is the day of change for me. Time to refocus and keep the MAIN thing ...the MAIN thing! (PLEASE don't tell Glen I said that...that comes straight from one of his messages...) :)

Off to finish some of the 100's of projects that have been neglected!
Our love to all!!
^j^

1 comment:

Pastor Glen said...

WE WANT A POST! WE WANT A POST!! WE WANT A POST!!