Friday, May 9, 2008

So I forgot to tell ya'll...

A couple of weeks ago, Calvary Faith had a baptism service. Here is a peek at who got baptised!


Don't do a double take. That isn't a double image of Glen. That is a picture of Glen baptising our son, Caleb. We had asked Caleb to wait to be baptised until he was sure that following Christ was what he wanted to do. I was so proud of him. This is one of those times when you know you are doing a good job raising kids. There were 5 people that took that next step of faith. Each of them very special.

We also got to take our first official "Keefer Day". We took the kids and spent the whole day together. Went to see a movie, we walked and laughed together ALL day. After a week of being REALLY under the weather, it was wonderful. Not only to have the kids, but Glen with us too. (Have I mentioned that I love him?) ;o)

Took along my handy dandy camera...and while I am behind the camera 99.9% of the time. We wanted to shoot something we could frame for Mother's Day. Here is the one that I have decided on.

Can't really say this is a nice picture of me. And the breeze was blowing... (I don't choose to wear my hair all over the place) But it captures us. THE KEEFERS, and that was what I wanted to do. We looked ridiculous carrying the tripod and the camera bags...and all of the other things that were necessary. I even got tickled with us. Not to mention the lawn crew was out there working. I think we gave them a show as well. Embarrassing, I sure it is what my kids will say about me after I am gone. "Our Mom was embarrassing."

I hope that in taking the time to be WITH them. They know how much they are loved. That they aren't alone in ANYTHING. Their daddy and I will not only correct and coach them into adulthood, but that we will laugh and play with them as well.
I would hope that is my lasting legacy, a realization that our kids are our first ministry. Before "church", before the needs of others, our kids needs have to be a priority. And I am not talking about indulging them to a fault. I am talking again about the intangible things. Hopefully the memories of days like today, where mom crawled through fresh cut grass, or stood in a ditch or blew a bubble with them. And that Dad loved them enough to set aside EVERYTHING that he has going on to spend the quality time that I know he has missed.

I leave you with that thought. Our children are our legacy. The quality of character, the words they speak, the attitudes they have. All a reflection on us. I pray when people look at my kids, they realize in being preacher's kids, perfection is not what we are striving for. They are imperfect, but lovable, and forgiving, and sweet, and sacrificial in the time they have to share their dad.

Here is one more look at our day!!



Our love to ALL of you!!

^j^

1 comment:

E's Dad said...

With children, it's about making good memories that last. It seems like the Keefers had a day full of good times and in years to come your "Family Day" will be a time that Caleb & Kelsey will recollect with a smile. We were and are blessed to have parents that invested their time in us whether it was during church activites or traveling to a variety of places on vacation...all memories that will always be cherished.
On a final note, I must say that my nephew is one good looking kid. He's soon to fully escape from the cruelties of puberty, and he's turning into one handsome young man. It's been a fantastic experience watching him grow from that little boy that flew and zoomed everywhere he went into a young man that is still full of energy and lovable in every way.