

We had a Memorial Day picnic at my Mom and Dad's house today. And the subject of blogging came up. My friend, (and partner in MOST crimes) Erin said that she starts her day by reading the news and our blogs with her morning coffee. Needless to say this post is for HER!!! I didn't want her to start work on Tuesday morning without something new to READ!! (Sorry Erin, I know that you are not usually about a picture, but there are tons of people who don't know who you are!!)

I had a great time at the picnic, the big kids were too cool to hang with us, so once they ate, they were GONE...off to play with the Wii at my house or to walk and talk among themselves. The little kids played with a slip and slide that my friend Bonnie brought. It was fun watching them...of course I sent for my camera.
Below you will see Bonnie's daughter, Chloe. The next two are Lealer's smallest kids, Dayton and Heather. Last is Logey's little girl Hannah. I think each of them was grateful for that splash of cool water on a warm summer day!!!




We ate, and laughed and laughed and ate. Joyce brought her famous desserts. I just enjoy days like that. When you can let your hair down, and relax. There were a few spouses missing, some had to work, but a few of the guys managed a good game of horseshoes... (and this was the "young team?!?) LOL
Now on to things upcoming... We started our study last week in the ladies Weds night group. I have been in very prayerful about these teachings. I spend a lot of time preparing, and while I still feel very inadequate in teaching, I pray that the ladies will learn and grow with me through them. So we are using the journals that they made a couple of weeks ago!!
With school coming to a close pretty quickly for Kelsey, we are hoping to get a little more "fun" stuff in with my kids. Let's see if blogging will be a more "regular" part of my week!!! (I know, I know...not been really good about it lately )
Be on the look out for new posts...coming soon and more frequently!!! :)
Hugs to all of you!
^j^
No comments:
Post a Comment