Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just had to share

So tonight I am not pondering the deeper things. I didn't make it to church this morning. We had quite a storm here Saturday night. Didn't last long, but it was lightning with thunder right on top. (Anyone who knows me knows that storms and I just don't get along very well.) Needless to say a disrupted sleeping night, left me extremely groggy and just miserable this morning.
Part of what I am learning, as I have been sick, is to not push myself too hard. I was gone ALL day on Saturday at the church. From 10am to 10 pm. And when I wake up feeling that bad, there are times when I can't even communicate clearly...so I stayed home... (and I hate missing church) so I guess I am a little down.

Thank goodness my mom rang me on her way home, knowing that I was really bad off, she offered to make lunch. Don't know if I mention it enough, she is very good to me. I try to reciprocate as often as possible. She and my daddy show their love daily. I just need to remember to thank them that often!

So on to the reason I am even posting. We have lived in this house for several years. 3 years now. Every spring, I drive by the baptist church just up the road from us. Along side this church are 2 Dogwood trees that are growing together; one pink and one white. It makes such a beautiful scene after a winter of no color.

So I have intended to take pictures of my family with this amazing color in the background. Never materialized. And just when I am ready to take the picture...a rain storm steals my color. All the petals lying on the ground. I didn't let it slip by for one little girl! I took Kelsey Jeanne up there this weekend, and took some pictures of her. Here are a couple of them...





So I don't consider myself a "photographer". Please don't think that sharing these is about looking at technique or anything. I am totally a "picture taker" I love the memories. To me a picture is a "remember when" moment. I need to be better about taking more everyday shots. Being a scrapbooker, you would think that I would do that. But for some reason, I am more often out somewhere...wondering, "Why don't I have my camera with me?"



Poor Kelsey, I carted her off on this morning. I don't think she was ready for pictures. She probably would have spent another 20 minutes playing with her hair..or applying a little bit of makeup...but that wasn't the Kelsey that I was looking to capture. It is in these pictures with the delicate flowers, you can see the little girl... the one who is on her way to womanhood, but hasn't arrived yet. Fully girl...with a touch of tomboy... And well loved by all! My helper, sometimes my mini-me in more ways than one... (we are praying about that attitude!! LOL)


Know I love you sis! You are a sweet girl...don't lose your way by listening to others. God has given you a good head on your shoulders. It isn't about what you wear, or the way your clothes fit...it is about Jesus love shining through all of the other stuff. Let him SHINE!

No comments: