Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday?

I don't know exactly where the week goes. But it seems like I was just getting ready to start a new week, and now I am preparing for the weekend. I don't think we have a "slow weekend" for a couple of months. The older generation used to say, when we were kids, that time moves faster as we get older. It really DOES! I start everyday with a list, and it is a rare occasion that the list is totally complete. I have learned that this is ok, but I still struggle sometimes with that nagging feeling to be sure that everything is completed.

Changing topics completely, I have a confession. I have become addicted to rubberstamps! (I am sure that Glen may be planning an intervention with all those I love.) But I don't know if I am going into therapy to stop. My mom has said that even she enjoys making cards with me. So maybe I can say that the $$$ I have spent on this addiction is "a quality family time" investment? (Going to have to put some kind of spin on it.)

I also need to start sending more cards. Only problem is WHEN do I have time to stamp? I have a WHOLE room in my house set aside for crafting and unfortunately I don't even get in there very often. Occasionally a friend will ask for help with some project or something...and I get excited because I KNOW that I have everything that they will need to complete any craft project imaginable. I told you... it is WAY over the top.

This weekend isn't any different than our normal. We are overbooked and over scheduled. And that seems to be the American way of life. So that makes us "normal"

For those of you who are wondering how Caleb is doing in home school, he is doing well. The concepts are seemingly easy for him to grasp, but getting him to write something...UGH, BOYS! It is like pulling teeth. I guess that I am shocked that he is going into 9th grade with an inability to write coherently. I know that in the business world he will need the ability to communicate via succinct, clear email. So that is one skill that he and I will work on throughout the summer! Poor kid, thought that homeschooling would be easy for him. Little did he know that summer would be the time we do our best to tackle writing.

Other than that... I'll have an update later this weekend. I have been reading a book called Breaking Free, Discovering the Victory in total Surrender. If you had told me a couple of years ago that I would be reading something other than a fictional novel of some kind, I would have LAUGHED at you. Other than a daily devotion... I WOULD always choose a fictional novel. Now I find myself being drawn to "fill up" with something new that will allow me to "be" better. To make better decisions... To be a better mom... To be a better wife... I guess to be a better Jodi.

With Christ's help, and as I yield the controls...I know that there is coming a time when my "knee jerk" reactions will even honor God. I guess that is one of my "immediate" goals. In my walk, I see that there are times when this is easy, times of danger, or worry. But, I have witnessed that I struggle when I feel someone attacking my family, or someone that I love. That the gloves come off at times. Leaving me to have to apologize after the dust has settled. But that is a whole other post!!! And this one is LONG enough.

Love to you all!!!
^j^

No comments: