Monday, April 7, 2008

Aye! What a headache!

So I am sure that there are bunches and bunches of people out there that have headaches. I have always had them. I get them when I am stressed...I get them when I don't get enough sleep...I get them when the sun shines...I get them when it rains... Are you seeing the issue? I have them a lot.

In sitting and thinking about things today, I don't know if I can remember a day when I really felt good. It has been so long. Some days are better than others. I just would like to see a few that are REALLY good. So if any of you are praying out there...could you just pray for some good days for me? I need 'em. So many things that I would like to be doing, and just don't because of the way that I feel.

I also need to take a minute to thank my friends. You are so good to me. You listen to me and MY issues... You pray for me when you probably think I would be better served in the loony bin! :) You are just there to be MY friends. I don't want a day to go by that you aren't sure that I am grateful for you. For my scrap girls... who I can be so real with...and you still call or listen to me rant for 2 hours! Thanks! For Joyce, who helps me accomplish the things that I need to accomplish. She has been such a blessing. Patti... know that distance doesn't keep you out of my heart or off of my mind. I love that you trust me. Jules, you too! I hope that you know that love runs deeper than our current circumstances...and I love you. For my Mom, who is my friend too. Her unconditional love has been a constant in my 35 years. She has loved me when I was sure no one else did or could. For those that are just getting to know me and my idiosyncrasies. Be patient... there is sanity in there somewhere...it is like a treasure, you have to look to find it!

And these are just the ladies. Please know that this is not the exhaustive list of people that I consider my friends... I just have been reflecting on the fact that God has blessed this displaced NY'er. I don't ever want to forget the people who SHOW their love to us. Talk is cheap. I am talking about a demonstrative love. One where you know that it is real. I appreciate these people because they SHOW their love. I hope that in some way I have been a friend to all of you as well... by some action or call...or email...or sharing a stamp set...(lol) something that is tangible so that you know that I do care about each of you.

I have heard it said many times that gratitude unexpressed in ingratitude. So many times we get caught up in what WE have going on...and forget to be about the most important things in this world. It is all about family...friends... Building relationships that allow you to not feel alone. To have someone that you can reach out to when you need an ear... or a stamp pad...or a meal prepared.

So while my head is aching tonight... know that I am grateful for each of you in my life. The role that you play was God ordained for you to star in. He gave each of you to me so that I could be blessed..and in turn bless you and/or someone else.

For all of you who read my blog, (and my audience is small) know that I am grateful for you. I am grateful to you, but more than that I am grateful to God...He chose to give each of you to me. And He couldn't have done a better job!

No comments: