Sunday, March 9, 2008

The party is over?


I had the pleasure of attending a "princess birthday" party on Saturday afternoon. I went with camera in hand. Here is one of Kelsey that I managed to capture.



She was a big help with all of the little kids. Kelsey Jeanne is a sweet girl! No matter what her daddy says! We had a very nice time. I am hoping that in the almost 150 pictures, there were some that the birthday girl's mommy liked.


Another Sunday almost over. I love to see Sunday come, but they sure are BUSY! I think we have had a total of 45 minutes of quiet time since this morning. And HELLO...I lost an hour. Well, not that I lost the hour, we all did. Daylight savings Spring ahead rule. Just an excuse to rob me of one hour of precious sleep!!! LOL, I really do like that the days seem so much longer. Gives me more time to get into trouble.


Glen's message was good, another in the Family Secrets series. We also had new people again this morning. Plus had all the recent visitors came back. Even more exciting, several people made a decision for Christ in the service. There is nothing better than that. How many times do we forget that is the most important part of ministry. I think Glen was doubly blessed because a few of them were teenagers. He has such a heart for young people. As part of the new Wednesday night family hour, he is taking on the youth group. We are in the process of looking for a youth minister, but if you know Glen, he will scrutinize everyone VERY carefully before allowing them access to HIS teens. I guess because he started in youth ministry, it holds a very special place in his heart. Always will...even when he is old and grey. (He is well on his way to that too!!! lol)


Went and saw our baby today. First time in a LONG time, because of the flu we shared for several weeks. He is getting SO BIG! HOLY COW!!! The Keefers were little skinny babies, Ethen Michael is a CHUNK...and so sweet and loving! At 10 weeks, he nuzzles and is starting to really focus and coo. So sweet, I asked his mommy if it was better now that she is a little older. (My sister in law has 2 teenage girls) She has assured me that it is better being a mom later in life. I can see when she holds him that she LOVES her little man. Here is a picture of him from today. (YES all of those chins are HIS!!)

I don't think he knows what his aunt Jodi looks like...because I am the lady with the black box on my face that just flashes bright lights at him...POOR LITTLE GUY!

Again, got together with the scrap girls last night as well. Let me tell you, I laugh SO hard with these girls. I always have a good time! Always. Last night was no different, and we had our daughters with us. All three of the girls have been known to scrapbook with us. We ate, and laughed, and ate some more. Did a little shopping...Was a really nice night. LOVE the scrap girls.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. Full of mercy that is new every morning. Aren't you grateful that Christ's mercies are NEW every single day? The past is left there. Each day we pick up our cross and make a CHOICE to follow him. A decision that is totally up to each and every one of us. God sees our hearts and motives...there is NOTHING hidden from Him. He knows the very intent of our heart. Can't pull the wool over God's eyes. He sees you, right where you are! And He loves you. I am SOOOOO grateful for that. I am so glad that God sees my heart, and knows WHO I am personally. There are so many that I know who have a great "head" knowledge. But when you fellowship with them...the depth that should be evident is missing. Another one of those things that God is teaching me. If you don't live what you "say" you believe, you will be called out for it. My dad talked about it this morning. I don't want to come across as "fake" or "phony". REAL is where it is at.

I guess that is one of the blessings of blogging. I sit, and leave my thoughts for ya'll to read. I hope that by seeing what rattles around in my brain, allows you to see ME. 100% of Jodi Keefer.

Our love to all of you!

^j^

No comments: