Weekend is over, and so is Monday...well, almost.
I wanted to take a minute to share my thoughts before starting a new week. We are still suffering with some of the flu stuff. Caleb went to school today, and ended up getting sick again only to come home and sleep. Poor guy. He is so good about it. If I was his age and nauseated all the time, I would be complaining all of the time. He doesn't. He takes it in stride, and keeps on going. All the while, helping me. LOVE HIM! Some girl will be so lucky some day! He will be a catch. He is so much like his daddy. I dare say, it makes him the odd-man out right now...but, there will come a day, when his boldness will be the most attractive thing about him. I know it was the reason I fell in love with his daddy...and Hello...Glen ended up with quite a catch!! :)
Sunday was a good service. Lots of new faces for me. I love seeing the church grow, but it sometimes overwhelms me. I really am quite shy until I get to know someone, and not giving in to that is really hard for me when I have to meet new people at church. So many days, I shower, paint on a good face, and push through feeling sick. Some days it is a TOTAL God thing, to put one foot in front of the other. He always rewards me for pushing through.
For everyone who is out of the loop, here is the link for Glen's messages. You remember the post teasing Glen about being a rock star. You can listen to the messages that are being given to Calvary Faith each Sunday. HERE is the link to that site. Bookmark it and check back once in a while to see if there is something there just for you. I would encourage you to listen to the latest "Family Secrets" message about giving to the need. Definitely a new take on an old thought.
I have started my bible study. And I have to admit...I am torn. See, I started the books purchased for the church, but also decided to read a different book for my own quiet time. I am sure that I just need to be patient, and realize that God will give me the right path to choose. He always does. The good news...I still have a couple of weeks to be prepared.
I am mulling over a couple of big decisions for me right now. I hear a part of my brain telling me that I need to get back to work...and then there is another side, that says... there is no rush. There are a couple of financial stresses that are working on the "old" Jodi. I am trying my best to not use that stuff as the excuse that it once was in my life. I was definitely one of those people who hid behind work. I think that there is a HUGE life lesson in not working right now. I hear some of my closest friends talking about what a burden work life is. I want to go back to work, but I am ready for a job to be one part of my life, that I do it with excellence and go home to what really matters. Not the other way around.
Let me tell you what I am sure of. God is always working on our behalf. He knows what we have need of, even before we do. It is our job to get in tune with His will and His way for us. When that harmony happens, LIFE IS GOOD. The idea of chasing happiness in this world, is a pursuit of the bigger and the better... so many times we see that once that is attained, there is something else that is just out of reach. I know that the way God has prepared for us, may not always be the most glamorous, but it will ALWAYS be the most fulfilling. And that is more than I could ask out of life; that God is honored in the way that we live, and how we spend our money, how we maintain our friendships, how we treat those around us. What I call the intangibles. Those will be the things that last forever.
Spend some time today thinking about the legacy that your life is leaving on those around you.
Good night! Love to all!
^j^
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so honored and blessed to be called the other half of this bloggen lady. She never ceases to amaze me with her insight and wisdom. I'm excited with the thought of her taking on the Women's ministry. She is a powerhouse for God! This will give her a platform to showcase the awesome talents and abiblities that God has invested in her life. Go Jodi Go! Take your wings and fly, soar to the heights for which God has called you to.
Post a Comment