Because I don't know that I have been true to my word. Some days posting something is EASY, and others...it is tiring. Not because I don't have anything to say, but normally because my fingers are too tired to type.
SO...yesterday we pulled Caleb out of public school. Not an easy decision for me, but one that I have thought long and hard about. Caleb started out this school year with a good attitude, but was soon discouraged by a teacher that had some serious issues of her own. I met with his teaching group, and was very up front with them about the things that Caleb had to work on, and the things they could help him with. For some reason, out of 4 teachers, I would say 3 were fair, and one was just plain rotten. She made everything difficult for both Caleb and myself. I am sick and tired of fighting for a mediocre education for Caleb. So...with God's help, I am going to go where this mom has never gone before. And HOME SCHOOL my eldest child.
Leaving the younger one turning green with ENVY! Poor Kelsey Jeanne. She is so smart, she just doesn't understand that she is doing well right where she is. I know that she hates getting up before the sun to catch the bus, but other than that; she thrives on knowing she really is a SMART cookie. If the situation were reversed, I wouldn't hesitate to pull her out. And truly, if things go really well with Caleb, and our finances work out so that I can stay home, then I ABSOLUTELY will think about keeping her home with us as well. We shall see!
Preparing for tomorrow nights "Women of Faith" meeting. My mom is actually doing the study this week. I am doing our meeting feature. We are going to make some Thank-you cards for the good "Rev" to send to church visitors. It seems that with all of the other junk that I work on, his card selection is never very good. So I have enlisted this lovely group to aid me in taking care of this. I hope they enjoy the projects that I'll take! Maybe some will fall in love with stamping as much as I have...you know, where the smell of new acrylic or rubber...makes me smile. LOL
For everyone else that I haven't talked to, it has been determined that Bry has a staph infection in the spinal fluid. And today is STILL at UNC-Chapel Hill's hospital. I know how he misses his wife and son, I am sure that at this point, missing this amount of time is like missing MONTHS with a itty bitty at home...Ethen is growing and changing so much. Just keep praying for him, I know that God will give him the grace to endure whatever he has to in order to get better. That is what I am praying for...a HEALTHY Bry. We haven't seen one of those in years!
I think that those are all of the updates on the home front. We had our anniversary extravaganza this past Sunday. We had record numbers in attendance...and a week BEFORE Easter! Very exciting! Continue to remember Calvary in your prayers. I am so encouraged by the recent growth, but I want what God has for us. Nothing more, and nothing less! His perfect will has become so important to me. For our church, for my family, for my conversation...every where and ALL the time. There is no higher calling than to be a vessel used by the Master. Filled and emptied daily, and filled again! Sometimes we want to "feel" the fullness of the Holy Spirit. To hold on to those times when God is right there! But there are times that we all have to walk in, when the road seems so long and lonely. It is in these times, there are lessons to be learned, there are tasks to be accomplished. And to focus on what WE have going on in the world... is living so far beneath the place that God has called us to. I am not talking about neglecting the mortgage or the light bill. I am talking about accomplishing the things that are eternal while doing what we have to do.
If the things of God seem like drudgery, then we are living upside down. It should be the things of God that give us the most joy. I will admit sometimes they keep my so BUSY. But it is my nature to be busy. And knowing that what I do, no matter how small, is pleasing God...then it is worth a little bit of hustle!
Remember life is but a vapor! Here today, and gone tomorrow! Invest in something that will endure! Spend your time focused on what will bring you joy for eternity...and not just joy for a moment!
Love to all!
^j^
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment