Hey all!
I have been out of town for a few days tending to some family business. Well, not really business. Just tending to family. And the good news is...my trip has been well worth the travel. Things are looking up...and that is a wonderful thing!! I am praying that God will finish the work that he has started. He is faithful when we are not. I am so glad for that. I know that this weekend was not about anything I said or didn't say. It was truly about a God that is waiting...just waiting for us to take the first step toward him. I pray that the steps that are taken...will lead to a strong committed walk...that is the ultimate goal!!!
Funny thing...I got this email from a friend just before I left for my little trip. And under the guise of Christian sisterhood...tried to tell me WHO I am and how I have let her down. (The enemy knows what to whisper to you when you need it the least) I am so grateful that I know who I am in Christ. When an attack is SO far out in left field; it leaves me feeling very peaceful and a little sorry for the initiator. While I am far from perfect, I know that I know that I wouldn't intentionally have caused anyone harm. So for someone to think that I would ever be motivated by a vindictive spirit; it tells me that they never took the time to listen and get to know who I am.
Once upon a time, getting an email like this one from someone that I thought was my friend, would have devastated me. I have to tell you, that I am not upset. I truly feel that I can step over these types of stumbling blocks...and not even allow a step to falter. It demonstrates in my life...that I am growing...and changing and being transformed into the woman that God created me to be. THAT alone is HUGE for me. A year ago it would have mattered to me that someone was upset with me, at this point in time...I feel badly that she has misconstrued the situation and stewed about it so long, that it took on a life of it's own for her. God surely isn't in that. There are people in this world who are "takers". These are the people that don't really care what you are going through. I have never been one of these people. I am sure at times, that I have demonstrated some of these characteristics....but 94% of the time...I am a giver. I give when I don't have it to give. And you know what, I am learning that to be anything else is a black eye on calling myself a christian.
In this year of illness and challenges, I have learned that God's grace is sufficient. Man's approval, or friendship is wonderful, but I am convinced that should NONE walk with me, I will follow the God that I promised myself to so many years ago.
I am exactly who I have purported myself to be. The good, the bad and the ugly!!! :) No fake or false about me. While I am sure there are people who would protest and say that "Jodi, she is a piece of work"...I would agree. I hope that I am constantly changing, a piece of clay in the hand of a potter...growing, changing, being transformed.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So beautifully written...truly...
Post a Comment