Glen feels like this is the only time that he knows what is really rattling around in my brain, so in order to seem less mysterious... I'll post a little something.
My family has been in town visiting. Last weekend my grandfather and my aunts came for a visit to see the newest member of the Smith clan. This weekend it is my uncle and his girlfriend visiting with her son. Phew, been busy!! Mostly preparing food. And I don't even cook for MY family!! LOLOL
So tonight at dinner, my older brother announced to everyone that I had been "terminated" from my job. It hurt my feelings...if that isn't weird! I pride myself on the work that I do...Hmmmm...and now that I am not working... Who am I?
I find myself trying to make excuses about WHY I am not working, from being sick...to why should I work when I can stay home and collect my unemployment money, until I can physically work a "full day"
Riddle me this, why do I define myself by the job I work/or not work? Why is my role as a mom and wife not enough? Maybe these are the real questions that I need to ask myself? Maybe the soul searching that I do should be to look inward to see what God sees when he looks at me? (And I am sure that it isn't my job, or my weight...or anything on the outside) The bible says "for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. ..." 1 Sam 16:7 If I believe that the bible is true, (and I do) then shouldn't I measure myself by the same yard stick that God is using to measure me?
I think that I could let go of a lot of things that trouble me, you know, that kind of stuff that keeps me up at night. LITERALLY! There have been rumblings about a book , actually a few of them, and maybe I should take that on as my accomplishment of 2008. And then I can "focus" on something beside how I feel.
Enough about me, we are scrapping at the church tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I might get something done... Let's hope that the weather cooperates with us. They are calling for SNOW!!
Gotta go to bed, I have to make my roast and potatoes in the morning...or we'll be eating PIZZA!! yuck!! Then still need to pack some stuff in order to have EVERYTHING that I need at the church for cropping time!!
It is late..so off to bed I go.
HUGS!
Jo
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glen is happy now. Glen knows what is going on in that mysterious mind of Jodi Keefer.
And by the way, your job has never defined you. You are a unique creation beyond the bounds of any one definition. And I love you just the way you are; even unemployed.
Post a Comment