Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ok...have you noticed ??

So is it me? Or have you noticed that when I begin to feel encouraged...(and I write about it) that something else comes to steal my joy! Whether it is an argument with Glen...or a brawl with the kids. Today, I am putting my foot down. No more riding waves. I need to show the firm foundation that I have built my entire life on. The one that doesn't sway with indecision...the one that stands for all time!! So...no pity party today!!



I have actually been busy. Went to my sleep study...lived through that...but still have no results from UNC as of this post. Came home to spend some time with the scrapbook DIVAs. They actually were out of work for a few days...and wanted to see if life was truly better NOT working. (They said they could get used to my schedule) We laughed and cut up. Worked on some Christmas gifts. Chip board albums for some. Christmas cards for others. I served as the "helper" for both. Approving of the color...or cutting out the letters that were needed to complete that one page that is missing something!! Was a great couple of days.



Also this week, my parents wedding anniversary. Married 38 years, and my mom is still putting up with my daddy!! LOLOL They are a great example to us about what God expects out of marriage. They are as crazy as bedbugs...but they are MINE and I LOVE em.



Kelsey Jeanne had a solo in the school play. She did a great job...sang beautifully...hit every dance move...and looked adorable. (I'll take credit for that!!! Took forever to blowdry her hair!)



I somehow managed to squeeze in a little shopping for the kids. Still have my dad and Caleb to buy for. We hit some of the clothing stores today. These kids keep growing..and no matter how quickly I buy things...they seem to outgrow things before they even get the wear out of it. UGH...I know, I know...they are supposed to be like that at this stage in life...but I miss those little cuties that I used to chase around the house. Now...I chase them... but sometimes with a frying pan in my hand!! :O)



Tomorrow we have a breakfast instead of Sunday school...so I am making my famous biscuits and gravy. One of Kelsey's favorites. And I don't do a lot of cooking lately, but I figured I better try to keep my skills honed. Tonight we made our Christmas cookies. They were baked with love...(hope that flavor is the one to come through!) These will be distributed tomorrow after Morning church service. With everyone knowing that Rev Glen Keefer...didn't set foot in the kitchen to help...even though his name appears on the gift tag!! LOLOLOL

Heard from some of our NY family & friends. Yeah...for those of you southern folks that read this....THERE are still people left in NY. They have not ALL moved south! I love hearing about what is going on with them. Makes me miss home, and those comfortable places that we had before moving to NC. They know the Keefers...before we were the keefers..and that is saying something!!!

All right clock is heading for 1:30am...and this lady needs to be presentable in the morning...so I am going to try for a little sleep. We have Joyce's Christmas party tomorrow night. I am so excited. I pretend to bake. Joyce is our resident expert. I have not had anything that she prepared that I didn't like...(and that is saying something from this picky eater!!!) I picked up a gift for her...I hope she likes it!

All right kids...Have a lovely Sunday...spend some time with your creator...I hear that his birthday celebration is rapidly approaching. Don't forget that HE is the reason for this season!!!

Talk at cha
Jo
^i^

No comments: