Thursday, November 29, 2007

Is that the Sun that I see???

Is that a break in the grey clouds that have been looming around me for a while? Hmmm... I wonder!

I have spent several hours with a couple of friends in the last few days. And I think that I needed them. I am the type of person that needs to "shake off" that kind of depression in order to see the dawn of a new day.

Now, I am not saying that in a matter of 48 hours, I can leap tall buildings in a single bound. But I feel like I can take a few more bricks out of the wall that holds me back from realizing the BEST that God has for me, and that is progress! EVERY little step forward is a celebration that I am not where I used to be. I might not have arrived at where I am going, but I am not the same that I was yesterday.

Have you ever felt that way? Like Life's storm is just raging around you. Wind blowing, lightening flashing, and thunder rolling? That can be a scary place. I am willing to admit that I find myself there at times. Lately...I have been braving a lot of these "life-storms". I am ready to reach a place of floating on the smooth, calm waters for a while. So maybe the waters have not calmed to still yet, I am encouraged today. That is what having good friends does for me.

I have appreciated everyone who has taken the time to listen and really hear me in the last few days.

"Wait on the Lord, and be of good courage, and He will strenghten your heart. (Ps 27:14) I have decided that sometimes I can't do anything but wait!!

Here I am Lord....WAITING! Help me to be happy in waiting on you. When I get ahead of you....boy, do I make a mess of things. When I sit down and allow you to get too far ahead...I lose my way....and I make a mess of things. When I stay close to you, tucked under the shelter of the almighty....I AM SAFE. I AM HAPPY...I AM HEALTHY....I AM RESTORED...I AM STRONG....I AM RENEWED...I AM the woman that I was created to be.

I like that woman a whole lot better than the one who lives feeling defeated and depressed. I am sure that other people around me do too. I want to live a life that reflects the VICTORY that I find in Christ. So if I need to hurt, and struggle in order to have someone else see that it is possible...I'll go there with you, LORD. I don't want to profess to the world that life is a bed of roses....and then....live in the agony of defeat. I want to be real...and I want to be BOLD enough to allow others to see it in me, and still come out on the other side... So that they can know, when life is weighing heavy on them, and trials don't seem to have an end in sight.... JOY will come in the MORNING. I can reach back into my own experiences....and say...I remember a time, when God moved on my behalf....and I know for sure...he can DO IT FOR YOU.

Duty calls. Baby shower preparation is in full swing. Master Ethen Michael... I want my new nephew to know that we loved him from the time before he was born. I want God to use this time to leave a "footprint" on my family. One that will be a place where we will look back and remember God's grace, and his blessings on us!!!

Talk at you soon!!
J

1 comment:

Pastor Glen said...

The dawn of a new day is breaking over the horizon. His mercy is filling the air like fresh flowers; great is Thy faithfulness! I truly believe that God has been teaching us all lessons through your struggles Jodi. I know I've learned and grown as a result. But isn't that exactly the purpose that God has for all our struggles. I hope we never miss the point, miss the reason why we are facing the challenges of today.

Bravo Jodi! I believe you are passing the test. Now I just hope I can learn how to pass the tests as well and become the husband you need me to be! I truly love and treasure you!